Membership is open to the public. Members must:
- Have a current NRA membership*
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a US citizen
- Attend a free Range Orientation prior to applying for membership
- Attend one club meeting per year
*The New Mexico Bighorn Gun Club is an official NRA recruiter. If you need to join the NRA or need to renew your NRA application, NMBHGC will receive $10 per new member or $5 per existing member if you renew your application through the gun club. Please contact Bill Raupfer 505-269-7210 to renew your NRA membership.
Members must attend a range orientation class once every five years. If your range safety/orientation card is more than five years old or if you are missing your card, you must attend an orientation class before you will be allowed to renew your membership. This is the start of the five year renewal plan that was voted on in October 2014; see the October minutes for plan details. If you have questions, please come to a meeting.
- $100 per year
- Includes one range key
- Additional keys are $10 each
- Dues are payable by cash or check only
- Local Law Enforcement (Torrance County, Moriarty Police, Edgewood Police): Free
- Other Law Enforcement: Half dues
- Active Duty Military: Half Dues
- Military deployed to a Combat Zone: Free for 1 year following return, with copy of orders
- All members can earn “chits” toward membership by volunteering their time to the Club
Dues Note: Dues and discounts are subject to change. These are discussed at our September member meeting.
The NMBHGC membership application is available in PDF format below. The completed application should be brought to a monthly meeting along with dues, your orientation card, and proof of NRA membership. DO NOT mail your application to the Club, it must be delivered in person at a meeting or range orientation.
The club meets at 7:00pm the first Thursday of every month at the Edgewood Community Center in Edgewood, NM. An open Executive Council meeting precedes the general meeting at 6:30pm. The club does not meet in January. The location for the October (annual) meeting will be announced in advance of the meeting.
The Edgewood Community Center is located at the marker on the map below: